Looking after you and your baby
There is nothing more important than the health and well-being of you and your baby. You can be confident that we have the most advanced technology in addition to a highly skilled and dedicated team to support you at every stage.
When you are admitted to the Westminster Maternity Suite, you will be made to feel completely at home, you can relax and prepare to have your baby in comfort. Our team of obstetricians and midwives aim to keep you comfortable and ensure you have everything you need. They will be on hand to answer any questions you may have and for added reassurance you will have your own midwife to look after you throughout the delivery and after your baby is born.
We want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We cater for all dietary requirements and our friendly staff are on hand to assist with any special dietary needs.
Please refer to the maternity coronavirus page for up to date information on visitors.
All packed and ready to go
To ensure you’re ready to go once your labour starts, we recommend packing a bag in advance. We will provide:
- toiletries including soap, shampoo and conditioner
- sanitary towels and disposable pants.
We will also provide you with essentials for your baby during your stay.
You will need to bring:
- at least three changes of nightwear (cotton is preferable and front opening night wear is best if you plan to breastfeed)
- bathrobe or dressing gown
- personal toiletries
- device for playing your favourite music
- camera and or video
- water spray for face
- natural sponge or face flannel
- lip balm
- pair of loose fitting socks
- hairband to keep hair off your face
- massage oil
- pyjamas for partner.
For your baby:
- baby clothing
- car seat or similar safe means of taking your baby home.