Looking after you and your baby
There is nothing more important than the health and well-being of you and your baby and you can be confident that we have the most advanced technology and highly skilled and dedicated team to support you at every stage. When you are admitted to the Westminster Maternity Suite, you will be made to feel completely at home, so you are relaxed and ready to have your baby. Our team of obstetricians and midwives aim to keep you comfortable and ensure you have everything you need. They will be on hand to answer any questions you may have and for added reassurance you will have your own midwife to look after you throughout the delivery and after your baby is born.
We want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We cater for all dietary requirements and our friendly staff are on hand to assist with any special dietary needs.
Due to Coronavirus, we are currently restricting maternity visitors to one birth partner. Other family members, friends and all children will not be allowed to visit. We ask that they do not attend the hospital. This will help us to minimise the number of people in the hospital and reduce the risk of spreading infection to protect our patients and staff. Thank you for your understanding.
All packed and ready to go
To ensure you’re ready to go once your labour starts, we recommend packing a bag in advance. We will provide:
- toiletries including soap, shampoo and conditioner
- sanitary towels and disposable pants.
We will also provide you with essentials for your baby during your stay.
You will need to bring:
- at least three changes of nightwear (cotton is preferable and front opening night wear is best if you plan to breastfeed)
- bathrobe or dressing gown
- personal toiletries
- device for playing your favourite music
- camera and or video
- water spray for face
- natural sponge or face flannel
- lip balm
- pair of loose fitting socks
- hairband to keep hair off your face
- massage oil
- pyjamas for partner.
For your baby:
- baby clothing
- car seat or similar safe means of taking your baby home.