Guy’s and St Thomas’ team of internationally renowned consultant ophthalmologists is noted worldwide for providing high quality ophthalmology services from our NHS hospital. We offer a full range of surgery and treatments for diseases of the eye and surrounding structures, in particular cataract, glaucoma, oculoplastic and retinal surgery. You will be seen by experienced and highly respected consultants who actively contribute to the training and education of clinical trainees in ophthalmology.
Innovation is in our DNA at Guy’s and St Thomas’. You will have access to some of the most up-to-date surgical procedures in the country, performed by consultants with a long history of leading the development of new surgical techniques.
Our Ridley Clinic was named after Sir Harold Ridley, who pioneered artificial intraocular lens implantation after cataract surgery. St Thomas’ was also the first centre in the UK where laser refractive surgery was carried out.
We offer a range of treatments including:
- vitreo retinal surgery (including retinal detachment and the correction of vitreous hemorrhage)
- cataract surgery (with premium lenses including toric and multifocals)
- glaucoma surgery, such as trabeculectomy, aqueous shunt implants, and new minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS)
- adult squint correction
- children’s squint correction
- eyelid surgery (including ptosis and blepharoplasty).
To make an enquiry or referral please contact our reservations team:
Tel: 020 7188 5197