At Guy’s and St Thomas’ we offer a range of specialist GI services:
- upper gastrointestinal surgery
- thyroid and endocrine surgery
- gastroenterology and hepatology
- colorectal surgery.
We are a national referral centre for complex colorectal disease and provide a full range of services to the local community and private patients from around the world.
Our colorectal unit is a distinguished centre of clinical excellence for all aspects of colorectal disease, including:
- inflammatory bowel disease
- colorectal cancer diagnoses and surgery
- pelvic floor assessment and treatment
- benign anorectal disease
- stoma care
- family history cancer screening.
We have a strong focus on multi-disciplinary education and research in all aspects of colorectal disease with close links to King’s College and London Southbank University. Our research and specialist interests include:
- investigation into the quality of life for sufferers of faecal incontinence
- assessment of bowel function following fistula surgery
- surgical reconstruction and function following protectomy
- topical management of Crohn’s Disease
- biofeedback techniques (such as rectal irrigation and anal stimulation for faecal incontinence)
- enhanced recovery for colorectal surgery to reduce length of stay by allowing safe discharge sooner after surgery
- comparing physiological and ultrasonographic techniques in assessing the pelvic floor.
Contact our reservations team to find out more about our GI service and consultants:
Tel: 020 7188 5197