Professor Jian Farhadi is an internationally renowned plastic surgeon. He graduated at the University of Basel. His training took him from Switzerland to Yale University and eventually to London, where he was appointed as a consultant surgeon.
Jian is a specialist in aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery. As a microsurgeon, he provides all types of reconstructions, including DIEP, SGAP, TUG and PAP flaps. He performs over 180 microsurgical breast reconstructions a year. He is one of the early users of Acellular Dermal Matrix in Europe and has extensive research in this topic.
He is the founder and a trustee of Bra Foundation, a registered charity to raise awareness of options in breast reconstruction for women facing mastectomy.
Jian is actively involved in research on breast augmentation and breast reconstruction and is invited regularly to international meetings as a lecturer. He is chairman of the London Breast Meeting and a reader at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Basel in Switzerland.
Jian runs major projects on breast reconstruction: virtual planning in own tissue breast reconstruction in collaboration with King’s College London; division of medical imaging and the use of heat on breast skin before mastectomy in order to reduce skin flap necrosis.
Reconstructive breast surgery, lower limb reconstruction, microsurgery, reconstruction following gynaecological and colorectal cancers, abdominal wall reconstruction for complex hernias.
- All types of aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery
- Lymphatic surgery
- Massive weight loss surgery: body lift and gynaecomastia
- Graduation: University of Basel
- General surgery: University Hospital Bern
- 2005: Plastic surgery, University Hospital Basel
- 2007: Associate Professor University of Basel
Membership of professional bodies
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Anaesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- European Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons