Find a consultant
Dr Lukacs Veres
Consultant thoracic surgeon
Lukacs Veres was trained at the prestigious University of Debrecen, Hungary. He is a specialist in general and thoracic surgery. He had his first consultant post in 2003. He has experience in all fields of adult thoracic surgery except lung transplantation.
Lukacs worked in Exeter and Southampton and was appointed to Guy’s Hospital (London) in 2013.
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery (VATS lobectomy and segmentectomy, pneumothorax surgery, sympathectomy, pleural biopsy and pleurodesis)
- Lung primary and secondary malignancies
- Chest wall deformities (Nuss procedure, modified Ravitch procedure)
- Enhanced recovery programme
- 1997: Medical Diploma
- 2002: Specialist in General Surgery
- 2005: Specialist in Thoracic Surgery
Membership of professional bodies
- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons