Dr Neel Desai is a consultant anaesthetist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and honorary senior clinical lecturer at King’s College London. He is a caring, compassionate and committed anaesthetist who listens to parents and understands the importance of providing evidence-based and individualised care in a holistic manner.
In collaboration with the obstetricians, midwives and neonatologists whom he works closely with, Neel supports the attainment of effective, high quality and safe outcomes for mother and baby. He remains calm and focused in emergency situations, paying attention to the details which matter to maintaining a positive birth experience for parents.
Neel has excelled in the academic field, publishing widely in national and international journals in subject areas related to obstetrics and anaesthesia.
- Pain relief for labour
- Ultrasound for neuraxial procedures such as epidural pain relief and spinal anaesthesia
- Conversion of epidural pain relief to surgical anaesthesia
- Pain relief for caesarean section
- Qualified from the University of Bristol with Honours
- Bachelor of Science in Physiological Science with Honours
- Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- European Diploma of Regional Anaesthesia
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education
- Diploma in Regional Anaesthesia
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Obstetric Anaesthetists’ Association
- European Society of Regional Anaesthesia