Specialises in conditions of the ear, nose and throat alongside a specialist interest in surgery to improve hearing including implants.
Mr Nikul Amin is a consultant ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeon and subspecialist in hearing implants.
After qualifying from University College London, he obtained additional degrees in Medical Science and Pharmacology as well as a Master of Science in Evidence Based Healthcare.
In 2019 Mr Nikul Amin undertook a fellowship in Advanced Otology and Auditory Implants at Guy’s and St Thomas’ where he acquired specialist skills across all aspects of otology and hearing implant surgery including cochlear implants. He maintains strong interest in general paediatric ENT, managing patients with a broad range of conditions as well as his specialist work.
- Ear infections
- Hearing loss
- Speech and language delay
- Recurrent throat infections including tonsillitis
- Snoring and difficulty in breathing (sleep apnoea) in children
- Nasal blockage and hayfever (allergic rhinitis) in children
- Hearing implants including cochlear, middle ear and bone conduction implants
- Microtia and Atresia.
- Tonsillectomy (including intracapsular techniques)
- Myringoplasty (for perforated ear drums)
- Tympanomastoidectomy (for ear infections)
- Cochlear implants, middle and bone conduction implants
- Ossiculoplasty (for hearing loss).
Special/ research interests
Mr Nikul Amin’s clinical interests are in minimally invasive endoscopic, otology and neuro-otology ear surgery in children and adults. His areas of research are around hearing implants (cochlear, middle ear and bone conduction implants), hearing rehabilitation in children with microtia/atresia, genetic hearing loss and children’s sleep apnoea.
He plays an active role in training and supervising surgical trainees.
Find Mr Nikul Amin’s latest research here: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nikul-Amin-2
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- European Academy of Otology and Neuro-Otology
Evelina London Children’s Hospital
St Thomas Hospital.