Mr Iain Yardley was appointed as a consultant surgeon at Evelina London Children’s Hospital in 2015 following training in Nottingham, Liverpool and Manchester.
As a general paediatric and neonatal surgeon, Iain’s practice covers the breadth of secondary level paediatric surgery including hernias, undescended testicles and superficial lesions. His tertiary level practice is more specialised and focuses on upper gastrointestinal and thoracic surgery including oesophageal surgery, tracheomalacia, diaphragmatic hernias, congenital lung malformations, chest wall deformities, gastro-oesophageal reflux and other feeding difficulties.
Alongside his clinical practice, he has extensive experience in patient safety, working in this field at a national and international level.
- Thoracic and upper gastrointestinal surgery
- Neonatal surgery
- 2000: Graduated Southampton
- 2011: Awarded Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Paed Surg)
Membership of professional bodies
- British Association Paediatric Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Medical Protection Society