Specialises in maternal and fetal medicine offering specialist pregnancy diagnostics and care services.
Dr Nanda does not currently offer private deliveries.
Dr Surabhi Nanda is a consultant in obstetrics and a sub-specialist in maternal and fetal medicine.
After her subspecialist training at Guy’s and St Thomas’, she led the North West Cheshire and Merseyside multiple pregnancy service at Liverpool Women’s Hospital for four years in her first consultant role.
Dr Surabhi Nanda has been a consultant at St Thomas’ Hospital since 2018 and is the lead consultant for multiple pregnancies and for mothers with various medical disorders particularly neurological, liver, respiratory, and cancer in pregnancy.
She is the clinical lead for fetal medicine and co-block lead for year two medical students at King’s College London. She also serves as a medicolegal expert in her specialist areas.
- Medical disorders in pregnancy (problems involving mothers).
- Multiple pregnancy (twins, triplets).
- High risk obstetrics.
- Fetal medicine.
- Non-invasive prenatal testing in pregnancy.
- Bespoke pregnancy scans – all stages of pregnancy, including twins and triplets (including 3D and 4D).
- Pre-pregnancy counselling (various medical conditions or based on previous pregnancy history).
- Bereavement services pro or post-conception.
- Invasive procedures eg chorionic villus sampling amniocentesis (in both singleton and twin pregnancies), multifetal reduction in triplet pregnancy.
Special/ research interests
Dr Surabhi Nanda carried out her primary research at King’s College London and completed her Diploma in Fetal Medicine which included training in fetal medicine and obstetric ultrasound, and complex fetal interventions.
Her areas of research are around multiple pregnancies, conditions leading to suboptimal fetal outcomes (e.g. placental-related causes), and optimisation of care for women with medical problems in pregnancy. She currently leads several research studies at King’s College London.
She has published extensively in reputed international journals and continues to lecture at national and international meetings.
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
- British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society.
- Royal Society of Medicine.
- Twins Trust.
St Thomas’ Hospital.