Specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of allergic disorders in adults.
Dr Prathap Pillai is a consultant allergist at Guy’s Hospital. He has a strong clinical background and extensive experience in the management of a range of allergic disorders at secondary and tertiary levels.
He underwent specialist training in allergy at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. During the same period, he also completed a research fellowship programme and a clinical trial investigating the effects of anti-lgE therapy (Omalizumab) in non-atopic asthma, for which King’s College London awarded him a PhD.
- Airway allergies – allergic rhinitis.
- Urticaria, angioedema.
- Food allergies.
- Drug allergies.
- Allergy skin tests, blood tests.
- Allergy treatment prescription.
- Allergen immunotherapy.
- Allergen challenge.
Membership of professional bodies
- General Medical Council, UK.
- Royal College of Physicians.
- British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- British Medical Association.
- Medical Defence Union.