Dr Prathap Pillai is a consultant in adult allergy at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals. He has a strong clinical background and extensive experience in the management of a range of allergic disorders at secondary and tertiary levels.
Prathap’s NHS experience includes out-patient allergy clinics, including drug allergy, specialist joint clinics with ENT and drug and food allergy challenge sessions.
He underwent his specialist training at Guy’s Hospital and obtained CCT accreditation in allergy. During the same period, he also completed a research fellowship programme, a clinical trial investigating the effects of anti-IgE therapy (Omalizumab) in non-atopic asthma and was awarded PhD by King’s College London.
- Airway allergies – allergic rhinitis, asthma
- Allergen immunotherapy (desensitisation)
- Drug and food allergies
- Allergy skin tests, blood tests
- Allergy treatment prescription
- Allergen immunotherapy
- Allergen challenge
- 2019: PhD (Respiratory Immunology), Kings College London, UK
- 2015: CCT (Allergy), Royal College of Physicians, UK
- 2004: MRCP, Royal College of Physicians, UK
- 1999: MD (Respiratory Medicine)
- 1993: MBBS – Govt. Medical College, Trivandrum, India
Membership of professional bodies
- General Medical Council, UK
- Royal College of Physicians, UK
- British Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union