Nephrologist specialising in all aspects of children’s kidney disease.
Dr Ware got an MA from Oxford University before studying medicine at St George’s University of London where he graduated with distinction and was nominated for the University of London Gold Medal.
He then trained in paediatrics before becoming a consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital. Following this post, he moved to Evelina Children’s Hospital in 2017 and is now a full-time clinical consultant.
He specialises in all aspects of children’s kidney disease and has a sub-specialist interest in transplantation.
He has three master’s degrees including an MSc in advanced paediatrics and has extensive medical education experience. He is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. He is also an executive member of the British Association of Paediatric Nephrology.
- Acute kidney injury.
- Urinary tract infection/pyelonephritis.
- Nephrotic syndrome.
- Haematuria and/or proteinuria.
- Chronic kidney disease.
- Glomerulonephritis and HSP (Henoch Schonlein Purpura).
- Vasculitis/lupus nephritis.
- Renal transplant.
- Congenital syndromes associated with renal pathology.
- Renal biopsy.
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring.
Special/ research interests
Nick has extensive research experience although is now a full-time clinical consultant. He has a number of publications in the field of paediatric nephrology and transplantation.
Memberships of professional bodies
- Member of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- Executive member of the British Association of Paediatric Nephrology.
- Treasurer of the British Association of Paediatric Nephrology.
- Evelina London Children’s Hospital