Dr Matthew Jones is a consultant paediatric and adult cardiologist who specialises in congenital interventional cardiology for children and adults.
He trained in adult cardiology in Wales and London, thereafter, he undertook further training in paediatric cardiology at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children and The Children’s Hospital at Westmead in Sydney, Australia.
Matthew was jointly appointed as a consultant in both paediatric and adult cardiology at Evelina London Children’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals in May 2017 and specialises in the care of children and adults with congenital heart disease. He has expertise in transcatheter (‘keyhole’) procedures to correct congenital heart defect and since 2020 has been the clinical lead for the congenital intervention service.
Matthew has special interest in congenital interventional cardiology, novel transcatheter pulmonary valve therapies and transcatheter correction of sinus venosus atrial septal defect/anomalous pulmonary venous drainage.
He also operates a one-stop clinic appointments for cardiology assessment, including ECG and echocardiography and virtual consultations for patients referred for proceures who have already had appropriate investigations by other cardiologists
- Transcatheter interventions in paediatric and adult congenital cardiology including valve balloon procedures, closure of ASDs, VSDs, PDAs.
- Transcatheter implantation of pulmonary (including novel valves) and tricuspid valve implants
- Transcatheter correction of sinus venosus defects
2008: MRCP, Royal College of Physicians, London
2004: MBBS Kings College London
Membership of professional bodies
- British Cardiovascular Society (BCS)
- British Congenital Cardiac Association (BCCA)
- Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions (SCAI)