Find a consultant
Dr David Game
BM, BCh (Oxon), MA (Cantab), PhD (Lond), FHEA, FRCP
David Game is a consultant nephrologist at Guy’s Hospital in London, one of the most prestigious renal units and the biggest transplant centre in the UK.
He has expertise in all aspects of renal medicine including acute and chronic kidney disease, hypertension, diabetic kidney disease, systemic lupus erythematosis (SLE, lupus nephritis), glomerulonephritis, tubular and electrolyte disorders, prevention of kidney stones, dialysis (haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis) and transplantation.
Within kidney transplantation, all aspects of medical care can be accommodated including work up for transplantation, peri-operative and post-transplant (short and long term) management.
Outside work, most of David’s time is spent with his young family and he is a keen cyclist commuting 20 miles a day.
Research interests continued in transplant immunology including cell therapy, markers of tolerance and novel treatments. Subspecialty clinical interests include tubular disorders and rare diseases such as cystinosis.
- Native and transplant kidney biopsy
- 1996: Qualified in medical sciences at Cambridge University and clinical medicine at Oxford University. Junior doctor training at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
- 2004: Completed PhD in transplant immunology at Hammersmith Hospital. General medical and specialist renal training North Thames rotation
- Three years as a clinical lecturer in renal medicine at Imperial College London.
- 2009: Appointed as a consultant at Guy’s
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Physicians
- Renal Association
- British Transplantation Society