Private antenatal classes in London
Our expert-led antenatal classes are now being delivered virtually, enabling you to access them in the comfort and security of your own home.
The Westminster Maternity Suite classes for expectant parents are a fantastic way for you and your partner to focus during the lead up to the birth of your new baby. They are suited to everyone whether you are hoping for an intervention free, physiological birth or you are choosing to have an elective caesarean section. One of our team of highly experienced private midwives will guide parents-to-be expertly through four online sessions.
What to expect at our private antenatal classes
Each session will give you the opportunity to develop an understanding of the process of labour and birth along with informing and preparing you for the transition to parenthood. Our classes are informative, unbiased and evidence-based. Classes are interactive and designed to provide you with confidence and practical support for birth and life with a new baby.
Labour and birth (part 1)
- learn how to recognise the start of labour
- managing early or pre labour at home and when to come into the hospital
- what to expect during established normal labour and the birth of your baby
Labour and birth (part 2)
- induction of labour and pain relief options for labour and birth at St Thomas’
- instrumental deliveries and caesarean sections, why they may be necessary and how your care will be managed
- learn about every aspect of breastfeeding in the early days of motherhood
- simple physiology, as well as practical advice about expressing
- practical advice about mix feeding and using formula
Postnatal life with a new baby
- what to expect from your new baby in the first few hours, days and weeks
- information about your stay in hospital and your transition back home
- practical advice about bringing a baby home, making new decisions, and settling into parenthood
Dates of antenatal classes in 2021
You are welcome to attend the classes whether this is your first baby or you are wanting a refresher before you welcome your second child. We recommend attending our classes from 30 weeks of your pregnancy.
Our antenatal classes include four weekly sessions and take place on Tuesdays from 7.30 – 9.30pm.
- Tuesday 26 October
- Tuesday 23 November
- Tuesday 4 January
- Tuesday 1 February
- Tuesday 1 March
The maximum number of attendees is 10 couples. We expect the classes to be popular so please book early to avoid disappointment.
How much do antenatal classes cost?
The cost is £195 for a four-week block.
To find out more or book a place call us on:
Tel: 020 7188 3457