Evelina London Children’s Hospital provides outstanding clinical services for children from before birth, throughout childhood and into adult life. Our vision is to be a world leading centre of life-changing care for children, young people and their families.
Our young patients benefit from expert consultant-led care at one of the leading hospitals in the country. We’re part of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, one of the most prestigious and respected teaching hospitals in the world, with a long history of high quality care, clinical excellence and innovation.
It’s easy to get to our services at Evelina London. We’re in the heart of the capital, minutes from Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Here, our internationally renowned consultants and specialist staff provide world-class care across a wide-range of clinical specialities, providing comprehensive health services from before birth, throughout childhood and into adult life.
We were proud to be the first children’s hospital in the UK to be rated as ‘outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission. We have invested in leading-edge technology to ensure we continue to provide the best in patient care. to find out more please download a copy of our Evelina London Hospital brochure.
Other key facts about us include:
- we are one of only two specialist children’s hospitals in London
- we were the first new children’s hospital building in London for more than 100 years
- our neonatal unit cares for around 1000 babies a year and has some of the best survival rates in the UK
- we are home to the Centre for the Developing Brain, which does pioneering research to understand brain development in new-born babes
- we provide around one in five of the UK’s kidney transplants in children
- we carried out the world’s first MRI-guided children’s heart valve procedure
- we are a leading centre for research into allergies and hope to find a cure for peanut allergy in children
- we are the only UK children’s hospital to offer functional kidney MRI, a technique that allows estimation of kidney function avoiding the radiation exposure of traditional techniques.
- Children's allergy
- Children's audiology service
- Children's bladder service
- Children's cardiology
- Children's ear, nose and throat (ENT) service
- Children's endocrinology
- Children's gastroenterology
- Children's haematology
- Children's kidney service
- Children's metabolic service
- Children's ophthalmology
- Children's physiotherapy
- General paediatric service
- Neonatology and Neonatal Unit
- Paediatric Intensive Care Unit