Find a consultant
Professor Simon Redwood
MB BS, MD, FRCP, FACC
Honorary consultant cardiologist and professor of interventional cardiology
Professor Simon Redwood is professor of interventional cardiology and honorary consultant cardiologist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
He has been performing percutaneous coronary intervention for over 20 years. He also runs an active research team, has raised over £310m in grant funding and has supervised more than 18 MD and PhD theses.
He has produced more than 160 publications and is lead editor of a major interventional cardiology textbook (Oxford Textbook of Interventional Cardiology) with a second edition in press.
- Interventional cardiology based research including risk analysis and prediction of events post percutaneous coronary intervention.
- Evaluation of coronary stents
- Coronary artery and myocardial physiology during ischaemia
- Interventional management of out of hospital cardiac arrest
- Adult interventional cardiology IVUS
- Pressure wire
- Stent implantation
- Rotational atherectomy
- Laser angioplasty
- Fractional flow reserve (FFR)
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI)
- 1987: MB BS St George’s Hospital Medical School, London
- Postgraduate: interventional cardiology at The Washington Cardiology Center, USA
Membership of professional bodies
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Royal College of Physicians (FRCP)
- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI)
- Past President of the British Cardiovascular Intervention Society