Mrs Susana Morley
MA (Cantab), BM BCh (Oxon), FRCOphth (London), MD (London)
Consultant ophthalmologist and oculoplastic surgeon
Mrs Susana Morley runs the oculoplastic service at Guy’s & St Thomas’, providing oculoplastic, lacrimal and orbital services to patients across London and the south east of England. These include the management of periocular skin cancers, eyelid reconstructions, blepharoplasty (both functional and aesthetic) as well as treatment for watery eyes, eyelid spasms (including periocular Botox), orbital tumours and socket reconstructions. She is also an integral member of the Nationally Commissioned Xeroderma Pigmentosum Service, providing ophthalmic care as part of the wider clinical team.
Susana is the training programme director for south London ophthalmology and also maintains a significant academic profile with over 40 peer-reviewed publications as well as two textbook chapters.
In addition to her clinical training, Susana spent two years doing laboratory research in the field of ultraviolet and infrared damage to the eye, receiving a higher degree from the University of London. She continues to maintain a strong academic interest with more recent work on thyroid eye disease, periocular reconstruction and rejuvenation, and xeroderma pigmentosum.
- Eyelid surgery including aesthetic procedures
- Peri-ocular tumour management
- Lacrimal (tear duct) surgery
- Orbital diseases and surgery
- Eye socket surgery
- Triple first from University of Cambridge
- Clinical medical training – University of Oxford
- Ophthalmology training at St Thomas’ and Moorfields Eye Hospitals
- Subspecialty fellowships in oculoplastic surgery – Moorfields Eye Hospital and Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead
Membership of professional bodies
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- General Medical Council specialist register
- British Oculoplastic Surgery Society
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology