Since 2006, Mrs Jan Grace has worked as a gynaecology consultant and subspecialist in reproductive medicine and surgery at Guy’s and St Thomas’. She is an experienced member of the Assisted Conception Unit (ACU).
Jan works closely with her team to deliver the highest levels of care to all her patients and prides herself in providing sensitive, individualised, personalised care to couples. She also leads the fertility service at Maidstone Tunbridge Wells.
Clinically, her interests lie in preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and reproductive surgery, particularly management of fibroids, gamete donation, and andrology and fertility preservation. Jan has spoken at national and international meetings on these topics.
Jan has always had a keen interest in training and education. She is South East workplace behaviour champion and sub-specialty programme director for reproductive medicine and surgery. She is also actively involved in NHS leadership and improvement. Outside work she is keen on winter and water sports and her vegetable patch.
Gynaecology, sub-fertility, assisted reproduction, preimplantation diagnosis, recurrent miscarriage, minimal access and fibroid surgery, and psychosexual medicine.
- Subfertility assessment
- Early pregnancy and gynaecology scanning including tubal assessment
- Ovulation induction
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Invitro fertilisation (IVF)
- Egg donation
- Egg freezing for fertility preservation
- Sperm donation for single women and same sex couples
- Operative and diagnostic hysteroscopy
- Laparoscopy and dye test, tubal and ovarian surgery
- 1992: First degree in biology and chemistry, Royal London Hospital
- 2006: Obstetric and gynaecology training and sub-specialty training at Guy’s and St Thomas’
- 2015: Mary Seacole Diploma in NHS Leadership with Distinction
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists
- British Fertility Society
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology