Mr Vijay Wagh
MBBS, DNB, MD, FRCS, FRCOPhth
Consultant ophthalmic surgeon
Mr Vijay Wagh manages all emergency and general ophthalmic conditions and specialises in cataract, anterior segment and oculoplastics surgeries using state-of-the-art treatments.
He specialises in oculoplastic surgery including tumour and reconstructive surgery, eyelid surgery including aesthetic surgery and lacrimal surgery for watery eyes.
Vijay has delivered lectures at many meetings and conferences and trained more than 100 opticians and trainee eye surgeons.
Vijay’s research interests include eyelid surgery, LASER cataract surgery and Keratoconus. He has several publications in scientific journals.
- Micro incision cataract surgery in complex cases
- Laser cataract surgery
- Refractive approach to cataract surgery: toric lenses, premium lens. monovision, LASER eye surgery
- Oculoplastic and aesthetic surgery
- Eyelid surgery
- Lacrimal (tear duct) surgery for watery eyes
- Minor plastic surgery – removal of moles, skin tags and eyelid lesions
- Thyroid eye disease
- Orbital diseases and surgery
- Eye socket surgery
- Peri-ocular tumour management and reconstructive surgery
- Dry eye and Sjogren’s syndrome
- Skin-related ocular surface problems: ocular rosacea, allergic eye disease, pterygium
- Higher specialist ophthalmic surgical training, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London and Barts and Royal London Hospital
- Further super specialisation in cataract, anterior segment and oculoplastics surgeries at Guy’s and St Thomas’ in London
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow
- Moorfields Alumni Association
- British Oculoplastic Surgery Society
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- All India Ophthalmological Society