Mr Said Abisi
MD, MS, FRCS, PGCAP
Consultant vascular and endovascular surgeon
Mr Said Abisi is a consultant vascular and endovascular surgeon at Guys and St Thomas’ hospitals. He offers treatment for varicose veins, intermittent claudication, diabetic foot, carotid artery disease and aortic aneurysms using minimally invasive state of the art techniques.
Said has particular expertise in cutting-edge minimally invasive techniques to treat complex aortic aneurysms, known as branched and fenestrated EVAR. He is national and international proctor in this technique and contributes to one of the largest practices in Europe. He also offers endovascular treatment for complicated aortic arch aneurysms and thoracic aortic dissections.
He is continually collaborating with world leading centres with similar interests in complex aortic aneurysms to share skills and provide patients with advanced and modern treatment options for their vascular conditions.
Endovascular therapy innovation and outcomes.
- Thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm endovascular repairs
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm endovascular repair
- Thoracic aneurysm endovascular repair
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Radiofrequency ablation of varicose veins
- Vascular surgical training in the UK (Nottingham and London)
- Completed the prestigious Vascular Society Fellowship in 2012
Membership of professional bodies
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh