Mr Sachin Malde
BSc (Hons), MBBS, MSc (Urol), FRCS (Urol)
Consultant urological surgeon
Mr Sachin Malde was appointed consultant urological surgeon at Guy’s and St Thomas’ in 2016, after completing his training on the prestigious London deanery training programme.
He specialises in the treatment of bladder symptoms and has a subspecialist interest in female, functional, reconstructive and neuro-urology. He has undergone highly specialist fellowship training at University College Hospital London and won the Gold Medal for his research into the investigation of incontinence in men following prostate surgery.
Sachin has expertise in the investigation and treatment of male and female urinary incontinence, bladder dysfunction due to neurological conditions, bladder pain, and urinary tract infections. He also has an interest in the management of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer and performs blue-light (photodynamic) cystoscopy to optimise the diagnosis and management of superficial bladder tumours.
He has a strong academic interest and is an associate member on the European Association of Urology Guidelines panel. He has also been a tutor on a number of national specialist training courses run by the British Association of Urological Surgeons, Royal College of Surgeons and Royal Society of Medicine.
- Lower urinary tract symptoms – bipolar TURP, bladder neck incision
- Scrotal/testicular/penile surgery – circumcision, vasectomy
- Complications of incontinence surgery including mesh complications
- Overactive bladder – botox, sacral nerve stimulation
- Bladder augmentation
- Male and female urinary incontinence – urethral bulking agents, TVT/TOT, autologous fascial sling, colposuspension, male sling, artificial urinary sphincter insertion
- Bladder pain syndrome/interstitial cystitis – medical therapy, bladder instillations, botox, sacral nerve stimulation
- Bladder cancer – blue light cystoscopy, TURBT
- Urethral diverticulum surgery
- 2006: MBBS King’s College London School of Medicine
- 2014: FRCS (Urol) Royal College of Surgeons
- 2015: MSc University College
- 2015: London deanery training programme for urology
- 2016: Fellowship in female, functional, reconstructive and neuro-urology, University College Hospital
Membership of professional bodies
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- International Continence Society