Find a consultant
Mr Rupert Obholzer
MA(OXON), MBBS, FRCS(ORL-HNS)
Consultant ENT and skull base surgeon
Mr Obholzer qualified as a doctor in 1997, and trained as an ENT surgeon in London.
He was awarded the prestigious TWJ fellowship, and spent a year in Sydney for further subspecialty training in skull base surgery and cochlear implants. Rupert continued his skull base expertise at Guy’s and St Thomas’ and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, before being appointed consultant to these hospitals in 2011.
Rupert manages complex and rare diseases of the ears and skull base on a routine basis, as well as more general diseases of the ear.
Diseases of the ears and skull base, including tumours and disorders of the cranial nerves. Research interest in Paragangliomas and Schwannomas of the head and neck, and the treatment and rehabilitation of hearing loss.
- Hearing restoration surgery
- Treatment of chronic ear disease (cholesteatoma and recurrent ear infections)
- Management of facial palsy
- Management of tumours of the skull base and upper neck
- Studied at St Catherine’s college, Oxford
- 1997: Qualified as a doctor from Charing Cross and Westminster medical school (Imperial) Trained as a surgeon in London, with further sub specialist training in skull base surgery and Cochlear Implants in Sydney, Australia, and in London.
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Skull Base Society
- British Cochlear Implant group, Politzer Society