Find a consultant
Mr Rupert Obholzer
MA(OXON), MBBS, FRCS(ORL-HNS)
Consultant ENT and skull base surgeon
After qualifying as a doctor in 1997, Mr Rupert Obholzer trained as an ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeon in London. He was awarded the prestigious TWJ fellowship and spent a year in Sydney on further subspecialty training in skull base surgery and cochlear implants. On completing this, he developed further skull base expertise at Guys, and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, before being appointed consultant to these hospitals in 2011.
He has developed a very specialist practice, managing complex and rare diseases of the ears and skull base including tumours and disorders of the cranial nerves as well as more general diseases of the ear.
Research interest in Paragangliomas and Schwannomas of the head and neck, and the treatment and rehabilitation of hearing loss.
- Hearing restoration surgery
- Treatment of chronic ear disease (cholesteatoma and recurrent ear infections)
- Management of facial palsy
- Management of tumours of the skull base and upper neck
- 1997: MD, Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School (Imperial)
- MA, St Catherine’s College, Oxford
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Skull Base Society
- British Cochlear Implant group
- Politzer Society