Find a consultant
Mr Rajesh Nair
FRCS (Urol), FEBU, MSc (Urol)
Consultant urological surgeon
Rajesh Nair is a consultant urological surgeon appointed at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust in 2017. He has a sub-special interest in open, laparoscopic and robot assisted surgery with a particular focus in uro-oncology (bladder, kidney, prostate and testis cancer) and reconstructive urological surgery.
Rajesh is a UK trained urological surgeon who completed his higher specialist training in London where he was awarded the FRCS (Urol.) and FEBU. He has completed three advanced fellowship training programmes in robotics, uro-oncology and reconstructive urology.
Rajesh cares for patients with all urological malignancies, and has specific expertise in the investigation of bladder, kidney and upper tract urothelial cancer and performs a range of diagnostic and surgical treatments.
He also has a specific interest in bladder and kidney preservation in patients with bladder and upper tract urothelial cancers and has expertise in blue-light (photodynamic) cystoscopy and intravesical (treatment into the bladder) treatment strategies.
- Cancer care and complex intraabdominal reconstruction in urology
- Bladder preservation techniques for bladder cancer and outcomes based analysis following minimally invasive radical cystectomy and urinary diversion
- Detection of upper tract urothelial carcinoma and improving quality metrics of nephroureterectomy in this disease
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Testis cancer
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate)
- Urinary tract reconstruction
- 2016 – 2017: Fellowship in Robotic Surgery, Uro-Oncology and Reconstructive Urology, The Royal Melbourne Hospital and Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia
- 2015 – 2016: Royal College of Surgeons of England, Guy’s Bladder Cancer Fellowship at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
- 2014 – 2015: European Robotic Urology Section – Fellowship in Robotic Surgery (Prostatectomy) – St George’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
- 2010 – 2015: Higher Specialist Training in Urology, London Deanery, UK
- 2001 – 2006: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS, Distinction), University College London, UK
Membership of professional bodies
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- European Association of Urology