Mr Naveen Cavale
BSc MBBS, MRCSEd MSc FRCSEd(Plast)
Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgeon
Specialises in general plastic surgery and reconstrutive surgery including breast and eyelid surgery and liposuction.
Mr Naveen Calave is a plastic and reconstructive surgeon who works at Guy’s and St’ Thomas NHS Foundation Trust.
He qualified in 1995 from University College London and went on to gain several post-graduate qualifications, including a master’s in surgical science and speciality training in plastic and reconstructive surgery in London before becoming a consultant in 2009.
- Lower limb trauma.
- Complex hernia repairs (including joint procedures with general surgeons, following complex abdominal surgery, including liver transplantation).
- Scars and Keloids.
- Botulinum toxin injections (Botox).
- Breast surgery.
- Eyelid surgery.
- Gynecomastia (male breast reduction).
- Lip enhancement.
- Reshaping chins and cheeks.
- Abdominal wall reconstruction including complex hernia repairs.
- Spinal reconstruction (jointly with spinal/neurosurgeons).
- Chest Wall Reconstruction (including joint procedures with cardiothoracic surgeons).
- Orthoplastic & complex trauma reconstruction (including acute trauma and joint procedures with orthopaedics).
Special/ research interests
Naveen’s special interests include plastic Surgery, cosmetic surgery, aesthetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, lower limb trauma reconstruction, general plastic surgery, abdominal wall surgery, chest wall surgery and trunk reconstruction.
He also has interests in complex reconstructions with other surgical specialties such as cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, general surgery and orthopaedics.
He also holds various senior positions in his field including as president of the Royal Society of Medicine’s plastic surgery section, trustee of the British Foundation of Reconstructive Surgery and Training and patron of King’s College London’s Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery Society.
Additionally, he collaborates with medical charities including IDEALS which provide essential treatment to refugees and vulnerable communities around the world and makes twice-yearly trips to Gaza to treat victims affected by gunshots and blast injuries.
- The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons.
- The International Society of Plastic Surgery.
- The British Society for Refractive Surgery.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Royal Society of Medicine, Plastic Surgery Section (President).
- British Foundation for International Reconstructive Surgery & Training (Trustee).
- Rhinoplasty Society of Europe.
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (UK National Secretary).
St Thomas’ Hospital.