Find a consultant
Mr Moin Mohamed
PhD FRCS FRCOphth
Consultant ophthalmic (eye) surgeon
Mr Moin Mohamed has been a consultant ophthalmic surgeon specialising in medical retinal disease and cataract surgery at St Thomas’ Hospital since 2006. As well as extensive general training in ophthalmology and advanced specialist training in medical retinal diseases at Moorfields Eye Hospital, he was awarded a PhD for novel research into the molecular genetic basis of inherited eye diseases, at the Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine.
In addition to running a large medical retinal service at St Thomas’, he has a teaching and training commitment for senior trainees and fellows, is responsible for clinical audit in ophthalmology at St Thomas’, and is involved with an international link in supporting the Muhimbili University Eye Clinic in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
He also regularly speaks at national and international meetings and is an examiner for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists.
Mr Mohamed retains an active research interest in:
- age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy sickle cell retinopathy
- bardet-biedl syndrome
- alport’s syndrome.
- medical retinal disease
- retinal laser therapy
- intra-vitreal injection therapy
- cataract surgery
- PhD, University of Leeds, Institute of Molecular Medicine 2006
- FRCSEd (Ophth), Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2004
- FRCOphth, Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists 1996
- MB,ChB, University of Sheffield, School of Medicine 1991.
Membership of professional bodies
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Specialist Registration General Medical Council (GMC)