Mr Mark George
MBBS, BSc, MS, FRCS
Consultant general and colorectal surgeon
Mr Mark George was appointed as a consultant colorectal surgeon at Guy’s and St Thomas’ in 2003. He is interested in laparoscopic colorectal surgery and is a specialist in the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer and is the regional anal cancer surgeon.
His other surgical expertise includes pilonidal sinus surgery, haemorrhoids, fistula and fissure surgery and treatment. Also, general surgery, including appendectomy, inguinal, umbilical, sports and abdominal hernia repairs.
Advanced and recurrent colorectal cancer.
- Colorectal resection
- Pilonidal sinuses
- General surgical procedures
- 1991: Qualified, St Mary’s Hospital
- Postgraduate: Higher surgical training undertaken in south east London region
- Research at the Royal Marsden Hospital and Institute of Cancer Research
- 2002: MS (Master of Surgery)
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Royal Society of Medicine