Mr Luke Cascarini is a consultant oral and maxillofacial, head and neck surgeon at Guy’s Hospital.
He has published over 40 research papers, written three textbooks and numerous other chapters, as well as lecturing nationally and internationally. He was associate editor of the British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and section editor (trauma) of the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for more than five years. He continues to provide reviews for these journals.
In head and neck oncology Luke is trained in robotic surgery, micro surgical reconstruction (free flap reconstruction), laser surgery and electrochemotherapy.
In temporomandibular joint surgery Luke has led the field in the use of platelet rich fibrinogen and stem cell therapy, together with minimally invasive arthroscopy TMJ surgery. He is also a pioneer in the use of extended joint reconstructive surgery. He is a member of the European Society of Temporomandibular Joint Surgeons.
In salivary gland surgery, Luke has published and lectured on minimally invasive salivary gland surgery, including tumour removal and stone removal. In trauma surgery, he provides the latest techniques including computer-aided designed reconstructive implants for orbital fractures.
Luke also provides expertise in oral medicine and pre-malignant lesions precipitating early diagnosis.
He provides dental implants both for naturally lost teeth and also part of the reconstructive process for his oncology patients including bone grafting and sinus lifts in complex cases.
Head and neck oncology and temporomandibular jaw joint disease and dysfunction including extended jaw joint replacement surgery.
- Temporomandibular jaw joint replacement surgery with custom-made prosthetic joints
- Temporomandibular jaw joint arthroscopies/arthroplasties
- Temporomandibular jaw joint disease and dysfunction treatments; botox, steroid injection, prf
- Oral cancer surgery
- Oral and facial reconstruction
- Microvascular free flap surgery
- Parotid tumour surgery
- Salivary gland tumour surgery
- Salivary gland disease/stone removal
- Submandibular gland tumour surgery
- Facial trauma and reconstruction
- Removal of lumps in the neck
- Bone grafting
- Dental surgery
- Stem cell treatment
- Excision of lesion of mouth, tongue, gum
- 1995: BDS University of Bristol 2000: MBChB University of Wales
- 2001: FDSRCS Royal College of Surgeons
- 2004: MRCS Royal College of Surgeons
- 2008: FRCS (OMFS) Intercollegiate
Membership of professional bodies
- British Medical Association
- British Association of Head & Neck Oncologists
- British Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- European Society of Temporomandibular Joint Surgeons
- International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- International Doctors Federation