Find a consultant
Mr Joannis Constantinides
MBBS MRCS MBA FRCS (Plast)
Consultant plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeon
Joannis Constantinides is an expert in reconstructive microsurgery and cosmetic surgery. During his training, he received a comprehensive education in both surgical reconstruction and cosmetic surgery. He went on to sub-specialise in reconstructive microsurgery.
His clinical practice encompasses several aspects of reconstructive microsurgery and cosmetic surgery.
He chairs international meetings in abdominal wall reconstruction, has published extensively in the field of reconstructive microsurgery innovation and trains microsurgery fellows.
Joannis is published in a great many articles, journals and conference articles on subjects ranging from burns to breast reconstruction.
- Breast reconstruction
- Abdominal wall and perineal/pelvic reconstruction
- Surgery for lymphoedema
- Cosmetic surger
- Surgery following weight loss
- Non-surgical rejuvenation techniques
- Trained in plastic surgery in Liverpool, Preston and Birmingham
- Sub-specialised in reconstructive microsurgery
- Completed two fellowships in London (St Thomas’ Hospital) and Taiwan (China University Hospital) and by gaining experience at various microsurgical units in Sweden (Uppsala, Malmo), Belgium (Ghent), Canada (Winnipeg) and the US (MD Anderson)