Mr Ioannis Loukopoulos was appointed as a consultant to Guy’s and St Thomas’ in 2013. His main interests are renal transplantation in adults and children and pancreas transplantation. He is leading the robotic donor nephrectomy programme at Guy’s Hospital. As part of his research he has invented a training model for robotic assisted kidney transplantation.
Robotic donor nephrectomy, kidney transplantation in obese recipients, paediatric kidney transplantation, complex vascular access surgery.
- Adult and paediatric kidney transplantation
- Pancreas transplantation
- Robotic and laparoscopic donor nephrectomy
- Vascular access surgery
- Peritoneal dialysis access for adults and children
- 1997: MD, University of Athens
- 2005: General Surgery CCT, University of Athens
- 2012: PhD, University of Athens
- 2012: Fellowship in renal and pancreas transplantation, Guy’s Hospital, London