Find a consultant
Mr Hisham Hamed
MBBCh, FRCS, PhD
Consultant oncoplastic breast surgeon and honorary senior lecturer
Mr Hisham Hamed has been a breast surgeon for more than 30 years. He was awarded his doctorate degree in the field of breast disease by the London University.
Hisham has over 100 publications and presentations in the field. He was also awarded the position of senior lecturer in acknowledgement of his clinical excellence and teaching. He loves travelling, music and sports, and speaks Arabic and English fluently.
Breast cancer prevention, high risk and inheritable breast cancer, prophylactic mastectomy, breast reconstruction, benign breast diseases and breast pain.
- Breast surgical procedures both for benign and malignant diseases
- Breast conserving surgery
- Axillary surgery including sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Complex breast reconstruction and symmetrisation procedure such as reduction and enlargement
- 1976: Qualified from Cairo Medical School.
- All surgical training in UK, including breast surgical training in Guy’s renowned Breast Unit
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Association of Breast Surgery
- British Association of Surgical Oncology