Mr Hemanshoo Thakkar
MBBS, BSc, FRCS (Eng), FRCS (Paed)
Consultant paediatric surgeon
Specialises in lower gastrointestinal and minimal access, laparoscopic surgery.
Mr Hemanshoo Thakkar is a consultant paediatric surgeon with a specialist interest in lower gastrointestinal and minimal access, laparoscopic surgery at Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
He qualified from King’s College London in 2009 and undertook his basic and higher surgical training in the London & South East Deanery. Following completion of his training, he worked as a locum consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. He is a Global Scholar in Surgical Leadership attained from Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA.
Hemanshoo was appointed as a substantive consultant at Evelina London in November 2020. He has an interest in surgical education, minimal access training and surgical innovation.
- Hirschprung’s disease.
- Hernia repair.
- Undescended testes.
- Anorectal malformations.
- General surgery of childhood.
- Laparoscopic +/- open inguinal hernia repair.
- Umbilical/epigastric hernia repair.
- Orchidopexy for undescended testes.
- Medical circumcisions.
- Laparoscopic-assisted gastrostomy (including primary buttons).
- Posterior sagittal anorectoplasty for anorectal malformations.
- Hirschsprung’s disease surgery.
Special/ research interests
- Lower gastrointestinal surgery.
- Minimal access surgery.
Membership of professional bodies
- British Association of Paediatric Surgeons (BAPS).
- British Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons (BAPES).
- Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Medical Defence Union.