Mr Asmat Din is an expert consultant plastic and reconstructive surgeon. The varied and complex nature of his work means that he works closely with leading surgeons from other specialities to ensure that all of his patients get the best outcomes in terms of aesthetic form and function.
Asmat studied medicine at the University of Cambridge and then at the University of London. After completing the plastic surgery training programme, he undertook a Microsurgical Reconstruction Fellowship at St Thomas’ that encompassed complex soft tissue reconstruction from head to toe in adults and children. Subsequently, he undertook a Trauma and Sarcoma Reconstruction Fellowship in Bristol.
Asmat also has a keen interest in teaching and training, and has sat on a number of national committees including the FRCS exam board. He is currently an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary’s University of London.
As well as having a broad general plastic surgery practice, Asmat subspecialises in microsurgical reconstruction of complex wounds following trauma, cancer, diabetes, vascular disease, and prolonged critical illnesses.
- Extremity trauma reconstruction (upper and lower limb)
- Benign skin lesion excision
- Skin cancer excision and reconstruction
- Breast cancer reconstruction
- Cosmetic breast and abdomen surgery
- Diabetic foot reconstruction
- Pressure sore reconstruction
- Abdominal wall and perineal reconstruction
- Scar revision
MA, University of Cambridge
MBBS, University of London
FRCS, Royal College of Surgeons
Membership of professional bodies
- General Medical Council
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons