Find a consultant
Mr Andrea Bille
MD, PhD, FRCS
Consultant in thoracic surgery
Mr Andrea Bille trained in cardiothoracic surgery in Turin (Italy) and at Guy’s Hospital. He then did a clinical fellowship at Guy’s, focusing on mesothelioma surgery and minimally invasive thoracic surgery.
In 2012 he was appointed as a consultant at the National Institute of Cancer in Milan, focusing on surgical treatment of lung cancer, thoracic sarcoma and mediastinal tumour which require extensive resection and complex reconstruction.
Andrea was awarded a PhD in 2015 following a three-year research programme on surgical treatment of mesotheloma.
Pursuing a particular interest in the surgical thoracic oncology, he did a clinical fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2014/2015), the first ranked oncological centre in US. He was trained in minimally invasive technique, including thoracoscopy and robotic surgery, for the treatment of thoracic malignancies and advanced technique with complex reconstruction for extensive thoracic malignancies.
He was appointed consultant thoracic surgeon at Guy’s and St Thomas’ in 2015. His personal interests are travelling, tennis and skiing.
- Minimally invasive surgery for lung cancer
- Mesothelioma surgical treatment
- Advanced thymoma surgical treatment
- Early stage mediastinal tumours and minimally invasive surgery
- 2005: Medical School at University of Turin
- 2011: University of Turin and Guy’s Hospital
- 2016: Clinical fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Membership of professional bodies
- International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer
- European Thoracic Surgeons society
- Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- International Thymic Malignancy interest group
- Royal College of Surgeons
- General Medical Council