Find a consultant
Mr Alastair Fry
BDS, MFDS, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS
Consultant oral and maxillofacial surgeon
As a leading expert in oral and maxillofacial surgery, Mr Alastair Fry is widely recognised both nationally and internationally.
He has presented at many international conferences about jaw surgery and reconstruction, as well as being published in multiple peer review journals. He also won a national prize from the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Alastair has a special interest in oral cancers, their early diagnosis and minimally invasive management. He is also an authority on using laser surgery on pre-cancers. Among his many innovations are minimally invasive techniques that avoid facial scars.
Alastair is a Fellow of two prestigious and acclaimed organisations. He was awarded the Royal College of Surgeons’ Fellowship for his research into the mechanisms behind early invasion of mouth ulcers. And New York Memorial Sloane Kettering Hospital awarded him the National Head and Neck Surgery Fellowship after he completed advanced training in oral and maxillofacial surgery, plastic surgery and head and neck surgery.
Head and neck surgery, reconstruction, and a practice that includes wisdom tooth surgery, implants, and salivary gland surgery.
Early diagnosis and minimally invasive management of oral cancers and pre-cancer with the use of laser surgery.
- Impacted/infected wisdom teeth removal
- Broken teeth/retained root removal
- Ulcers – biopsies/excisions
- Biopsies of discoloured patches or white lesions in mouth
- Head and neck cancer and reconstruction
- Head and neck trauma
- Treatment for sore or burning mouth and tongue
- Treatment for persistent sore throat
- Skin lesions on head and neck
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Neck lumps and bumps
- Mucocelle removal
- Excision of lesion of lip
- Tongue tie in babies or adults
- 2003: BDS (Sheffield University)
- 2005: MFDS, Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- 2008: MBBS with Distinction (Newcastle University)
- 2009: MRCS, Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- 2014: FRCS Part 1
- 2014: FRCS Part 2
Membership of professional bodies
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (BAOMS)
- British Association of Head & Neck Oncologists (BAHNO)