Miss Jess McMicking is a consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist at Guy’s and St Thomas’. Jess underwent her specialist training in Sydney, Australia, giving her a global perspective on private maternity care.
Jess brings a wealth of experience to her private practice and the NHS in pre-existing and gestational diabetes, nutritional conditions and high-risk obstetrics. Jess is also a university-qualified nutritionist, and therefore able to provide tailored holistic care.
Jess recognises that each family’s journey is different. She prioritises listening to parents and shaping their pregnancy care and birth plans to their needs while also ensuring safe outcomes are achieved. She believes that seeing the same obstetrician throughout your entire pregnancy (private maternity’s continuity of care model), allows you to build a trusted relationship and plays a critical role in achieving outstanding care.
She is passionate, enthusiastic, empathetic and prides herself on being personally available and approachable to discuss any concerns you may have along your pregnancy journey.
Jess leads on numerous service projects, and continues to internationally publish articles. With an aspiration to improve the quality and outcomes of women’s health care in the UK and abroad, Jess is also a passionate educator and supervisor to specialty trainees, as well as King’s College medical students. She is also the founder of a virtual medical education platform for aspiring trainee doctors.
Jess underwent her specialist training in Australia prior to her selection for a fellow position at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital to complete her Fellowship in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Bachelor of Health Science / Nutrition, Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery, Griffith University
- Fellowship of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (FRANZCOG)
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (Fellowship)
- British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society
- British Intrapartum Care Society
- McDonald Obstetric Medicine Society