Find a consultant
Dr Vicky Slonims
Senior consultant speech and language therapist
Dr Vicky Slonims is an expert adviser for the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) and has served on two NICE guidance groups.
She has served as a member of several national research committees, including the Strategic Research Group for the British Academy of Childhood Disability (BACD). She is currently a clinical adviser to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.
Vicky is Visiting Honorary Senior Lecturer at KCL and is co-PI on three National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) funded multi-site grants in the UK and an advisor to a study in Australia. She sits on two NIHR funded research advisory boards.
Vicky’s research is closely aligned to her clinical interests in intervention for children with autism spectrum disorders and working with children with severe communication impairments and challenging behaviour.
- Diagnostic assessment for autism
- Language disorder
- Intellectual disability
- Education and scholastic skills
- 1982: Degree – Speech and Language Therapy (Central School of Speech and Drama)
- 2001: PhD (Psychology) King’s College, London
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Health Care Professions Council