Find a consultant
Dr Susan Chan
MBBS, MSc, MD, FRCP, FRCPCH
Consultant paediatric allergist
Dr Susan Chan completed specialist training in paediatrics in London, including allergy at St Thomas’ Hospital, dermatology at Great Ormond Street Hospital and gastroenterology at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
She went on to complete her MD doctorate focusing on T cell markers in peanut allergy, addressing the underlying basis of peanut allergy prevention in early childhood. She was awarded the Barry Kay prize by the British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology for her work on this subject.
Susan has a special interest in eczema, skin allergies and asthma. She sees patients with food allergies and anaphylaxis, oral allergy syndrome, FPIES, chronic urticaria and angioedema, drug allergies, gastrointestinal allergies, environmental allergies including house dust mite, pet allergies and hayfever.
Research in new treatments for children with severe eczema, studies looking at the causes, prevention and treatment of children with food and nut allergies.
- Skin prick allergy tests
- Specific IgE (RAST/ImmunoCap) allergy tests
- Component testing
- ISAC testing
- Lung function tests
- Food challenge
- MBBS MSc – King’s College, London
- MSc – University College, London
Membership of professional bodies
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (BSACI)
- European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
|Language(s)||English, Chinese (Mandarin)|