Specialising in sleep disorder breathing and home ventilation.
Dr Simona Turcu has been a paediatric consultant at Evelina since 2011 and she has helped to establish the children respiratory, home ventilation and airway service.
She teaches students at the Kings College School of Medicine and trains pediatric and respiratory trainees in South London.
She has published over 20 papers in paediatrics and respiratory medicine.
- General respiratory conditions
- Rare lung conditions
- Interstitial lung disease
- Sleep disorder breathing
- Home ventilation
- Specialist respiratory assessment and lung function
- Flexible bronchoscopy
- Chest computer tomography
- Hypoxic challenge test (fitness to fly test)
Special/ research interests
She has a special interest in respiratory assessment in children with neuromuscular conditions.
Memberships of professional bodies
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- British Paediatric Respiratory Society
- European Respiratory Society
- Medical Defence Union
- British Medical Association
Evelina London Children’s Hospital