Find a consultant
Dr Simona Turcu
Consultant in Respiratory and General Paediatrics
Dr Simona Turcu has been a paediatric consultant at Evelina London Children’s Hospital since 2011. She has helped to establish the children respiratory, home ventilation and airway service.
Simona teaches students at the King’s College School of Medicine and trains paediatric and respiratory trainees in south London.
She has published more than 20 papers in paediatrics and respiratory medicine.
Specialist respiratory assessment and lung function
Flexible bronchoscopy and chest computer tomography
- 1996: Qualified at the University of Medicine and Pharmacy Romania
- 2002: Completed specialist training in pediatrics
- Further training trained in respiratory pediatrics at the University Hospital of Leicester and Great Ormond Street Hospital
- 2007: Specialist registration for paediatrics with General Medical Council
Membership of professional bodies
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- British Paediatric Respiratory Society
- European Respiratory Society
- Medical Defence Union
- British Medical Association