Find a consultant
Dr Shumontha Dev
BSc(Hons), MB BS, FRCSEd (A & E), FRCEM, MMedEd
Consultant in emergency medicine
A consultant in emergency medicine at Guy’s and St Thomas’ since 2009, Dr Shumontha Dev manages all aspects of care within the emergency department. This includes minor and major illnesses and resuscitation.
His medico-legal work includes dealing with personal injuries (trips and falls) and clinical negligence.
Shumontha is well regarded for his general expert opinion and second opinion on general clinical conditions.
General emergency management of patients, trauma care (minor and major trauma care within an emergency department), and resuscitation of patients, including advanced life support, within an emergency department.
- 1995: MB BS, University College London
- 2007: Fellowship of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine
- 2009: Expert Witness Certificate, University of Cardiff in collaboration with Bond Solon
Membership of professional bodies
- Fellow of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine