Specialises in skin surgery and non-surgical cosmetic treatments.
Dr Rakesh Patalay has more than 10 years’ experience in general dermatology. He received his MBBS from the University College London in 1999, and was awarded a PhD from Imperial College London in 2013. The following year he qualified with a CCT in dermatology and a Mohs Surgical and Laser Fellowship.
Rakesh is a key opinion leader in the UK for skin imaging and is active academically in this field. He led the NICE review and co-authored the Cochrane Review for the use of reflectance confocal microscopy (RCM) in skin cancer.
He has published in numerous scientific and clinical journals, contributed to book chapters and has been an invited speaker internationally.
- Skin cancer
- Mole assessment.
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Skin surgery
- Botox for hyperhidrosis
- Reflectance confocal imaging of skin
- Multiphoton microscopy
- Optical coherence tomography
Membership of professional bodies
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Association of Dermatology
- British Society of Dermatology Surgery
- British Cosmetic Dermatology Group
Guy’s and St Thomas hospitals