Find a consultant
Dr Paramit Chowdhury
MB, BS PhD, FRCP
Dr Paramit Chowdhury was appointed as a substantive consultant nephrologist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ in 2006. His clinical workload covers all aspects of renal medicine, including general nephrology and haemodialysis.
Paramit has a specific interest in renal transplantation including anti-rejection therapy. He also has special experience in pre-pregnancy counselling and management of renal and transplant patients during pregnancy. Paramit has extensive experience in percutaneous biopsy of both native and transplant kidneys.
He is active in clinical research, being the chief investigator of a multi-centre study trying to identify biomarkers of rejection following renal transplantation. He is also site principal investigator for two large UK wide studies looking at anti-rejection treatment following renal transplantation (3C Study) and intravenous iron in haemodialysis patients (PIVOTAL).
Renal transplantation including biomarkers, atypical haemolytic uraemic syndrome (HUS), pregnancy and renal disease, transition care.
- Outpatient consultations
- Dialysis supervision
- Percutaneous native and transplant renal biopsy
- 1992: Qualified in medicine, King’s College, London and completed general medical training in London and Leeds.
- Appointed to the South Thames Renal training scheme with posts at Guy’s, King’s College, St George’s and Kent and Canterbury Hospitals.
- Completed a PhD in innate immunity and renal disease at King’s College, London.
- Certificate of Specialist Training in renal medicine.
Membership of professional bodies
- General Medical Council (Licence to Practice)
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians London
- Renal Association
- British Transplantation Society