Dr Owen Miller
BMed (Hons), FRACP, FCSANZ, FRCPCH
Consultant in paediatric and fetal cardiology
Specialises in paediatric and fetal imaging and endothelial function in congenital heart disease.
Dr Owen Miller is a consultant in paediatric and fetal cardiology at Evelina London Children’s Hospital. He trained in Sydney, Zurich and London, achieving triple specialist recognition in general paediatrics, paediatric intensive care and paediatric cardiology. His first consultant appointment was in 1993 and he was appointed to Evelina London Children’s Hospital in 2005.
Dr Miller has been appointed to various leadership roles including Head of Service for paediatric cardiology 2012-2016; Evelina London Director of Specialist Networks in 2016-19; Clinical Director of CHD Network 2019-2022; and Clinical Director- Cardio-Respiratory and Intensive Care from 2021.
Academically, Dr Miller is Reader (Associate Professor) in congenital heart disease at King’s College London and he teaches extensively both nationally and internationally, with particular reference to advanced cardiac imaging and fetal cardiology.
- Congenital heart disease.
- Fetal cardiology.
- Echocardiography – transthoracic and transoesophageal (2D and 3D).
- Electrocardiogram (ECG).
- Exercise testing.
- Autonomic testing (tilt table test etc).
- Access to advanced cardiac MRI and CT.
- Access to invasive cardiac catheterisation.
Dr Owen Miller has a special interest in advanced cardiac imaging for the child and fetus with congenital heart disease. He works closely with colleagues in advanced cross-sectional imaging to provide cardiac CT and cardiac MRI. He also is involved with interventional cardiology teams with whom he accesses state-of-the-art cardiac catheterisation in a world-leading interventional cardiology group.
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
- Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand.
- European Society of Cardiology.
- European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging.
- Evelina London Children’s Hospital.