Dr Owen Miller
BMed (Hons), FRACP, FCSANZ, FRCPCH
Consultant in paediatric and fetal cardiology
Dr Owen Miller trained at The Children’s Hospital, Sydney; Kinderspital, Zurich and Great Ormond Street Hospital in London. He achieved specialist recognition in general paediatrics, paediatric intensive care and paediatric cardiology. His first consultant appointment was in 1993 and he was appointed to Evelina London Children’s Hospital in 2005.
Owen was head of service for paediatric cardiology 2012-2016, before being appointed associate medical director and Evelina London director of specialist networks in 2016.
He set up the cardio-pulmonary exercise lab at Evelina London and continues to supervise advanced exercise testing.
Owen has a special interest in advanced cardiac imaging for the child and fetus with congenital heart disease. He offers comprehensive one-stop assessment with echocardiography, electrocardiogram (ECG), exercise testing and ambulatory monitoring as required.
He teaches extensively both nationally and internationally, with particular reference to advanced cardiac imaging and fetal cardiology.
Owen has published extensively in endothelial function in congenital heart disease, advanced cardiac imaging and fetal cardiology.
One-stop consultation with:
- echocardiography – transthoracic and transoesophageal (2D and 3D)
- electrocardiogram (ECG)
- exercise testing
- autonomic testing (tilt table test etc)
- access to advanced cardiac MRI and CT
- access to invasive cardiac catheterisation.
- 1984: Qualified
- 1993: First consultant appointment (Sydney)
- 2005: Appointed at Evelina London Children’s Hospital
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand
- European Society of Cardiology
- European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Society of Paediatric Echo