Find a consultant
Dr Narayanan Thulasidasan
MBBS, BSc, MRCS, FRCR
Consultant vascular and interventional radiologist
In 2016, Dr Narayanan Thulasidasan joined Guy’s and St Thomas’ as a consultant vascular and interventional radiologist. He has presented research from St Thomas’ and Evelina London Children’s Hospital at conferences in the UK, Europe and North America and is a past recipient of scholarships to the BSIR annual meeting and merit awards at the RSNA and CIRSE meetings.
Narayanan was involved in starting the prostate artery embolisation programme at Toronto Western Hospital and introducing trans-radial access and nerve blocks to aid early ambulation following fibroid embolisation at Guy’s and St Thomas’.
Lower limb angioplasty/stenting, including complex below-knee revascularisation and the diabetic foot; thrombolysis of acute DVT/PE; prostate artery embolization.
- Vascular intervention including angioplasty/stenting and arterial/venous thrombolysis
- Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)
- Sclerotherapy of vascular malformations
- Venous sampling (adrenal, parathyroid, pancreatic)
- Fibroid/prostate embolisation (including trans-radial procedures under nerve block)
- Thermal ablation
- 2007: Qualified from Imperial College
- Radiology training at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital followed by subspecialty training in interventional radiology at Guy’s and St Thomas’
- Fellowship in vascular and interventional radiology at the University of Toronto
Membership of professional bodies
- British Society of Interventional Radiology
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Society of Europe