Specialises in autism spectrum disorder, children’s neurodevelopmental disorders and developmental epilepsy.
Dr Michael Absoud is a consultant in paediatric neurodisability and was appointed as consultant in children’s neurodisability at Evelina London Children’s Hospital in 2012.
- Children’s complex neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Autism spectrum disorder.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and co-morbidities (medical and neuropsychiatric).
- Developmental epilepsy.
- Neurodevelopment in neurogenetic and rare diseases.
- Behaviour that challenges in children with neurological and neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Childhood disintegrative disorder.
- Childhood neuroinflammatory disorders.
- Medical management of conditions such as ADHD, Autism and complex neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Diagnostics for complex neurodevelopmental disorders.
Special/ research interests
Dr Michael Absoud has a major interest in childhood complex neurodevelopmental disorders and co-morbidities in neurogenetic and acquired neurological diseases. His research interests include:
- clinical trial design and outcome measurement in neurodisability, via collaboration with King’s Clinical Trials Unit and Kings BRC bioinformatics unit
- epidemiological studies and active surveillance of rare diseases
- childhood neuroinflammatory disorders.
Evelina London Children’s Hospital.