Find a consultant
Dr Michael Absoud
Consultant in paediatric neurodisability
Dr Michael Absoud was appointed as consultant in children’s neurodisability at Evelina London Children’s Hospital in 2012.
He has a major interest in childhood complex neurodevelopmental disorders and co-morbidities in neurogenetic and acquired neurological diseases.
Michael’s research interests include:
- clinical trial design and outcome measurement in neurodisability, via collaboration with King’s Clinical Trials Unit and Kings BRC bioinformatics unit
- epidemiological studies and active surveillance of rare diseases
- childhood neuroinflammatory disorders.
- Children’s complex neurodevelopmental disorders
- Autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, and co-morbidities (medical and neuropsychiatric)
- Developmental epilepsy
- Neurodevelopment in neurogenetic and rare diseases
- Behaviour that challenges in children with neurological and neurodevelopmental disorders
- Childhood disintegrative disorder
- 1995-2000: MB.BCH, BAO (Hons) – Dublin, Ireland
- 2000-2009: training in paediatrics – London (King’s College Hospital, Great Ormond Street Hospital) and Oxford Children’s Hospital
- 2009-2012: PhD clinical research fellowship training (health and population sciences) – Institute of Child Health, Birmingham Children’s Hospital, University of Birmingham.