Find a consultant
Dr Jonathon Olsburgh
MBChB PhD FRCS(Urol)
Consultant urologist and transplant surgeon
Jonathon Olsburgh, consultant urologist and transplant surgeon, specialises in urology of renal failure and laparoscopic and reconstructive surgery, including laparoscopic donor and radical nephrectomy. He has an international referral practice in urinary tract reconstruction prior to and after kidney transplant.
Jonathon also jointly runs the Young Onset Urology (YOU) clinic for adolescents and young adults transitioning from paediatrics and he also has a particular interest in treating patients with urinary tract infections.
Jonathon is a member of the UK Specialist Advisory Committee (SAC) in urology and was previous director of transplant training in London. He is the vice-chairman of the European Association of Urology (EAU) Guidelines on Renal Transplantation. Jonathon is Chair of the Trust’s Audit and Quality Improvement Committee.
Mr Olsburgh’s academic interests include urological aspects of transplant surgery, UTI and basic science research of the urothelium. This has potential applications in treating urinary tract cancer, infection and diseases that require surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract. He has co-authored over 60 papers and many book chapters.
- Bipolar TURP / urolift
- Bladder reconstruction
- Kidney Transplant and relate operations
- Medical Degree (MBChB) Leeds University
- 2005: PhD Leeds University
- 2005: FRCS(Urol)
- 2006: Higher surgical urology training in London with specialist training in transplantation at Guy’s & Hammersmith Hospitals. Appointed consultant transplant surgeon and urologist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust in 2006.
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College Surgeons, England
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- American Urology Association
- European Urology Association
- British Transplant Society
- European Society of Transplantation