Dr Fungayi N Chinaka
MB ChB, MSc, MRCSEd, FRCR
Dr Fungayi Chinaka is a consultant radiologist who has broad experience in the imaging of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and hepatobiliary and pancreatic system with a strong surgical foundation.
Fungayi is a core member of the regional upper and advanced lower gastrointestinal multidisciplinary teams at Guy’s and St Thomas’. He is also involved in the regular assessment of oncological studies, including research.
Outside work, Fungayi enjoys travelling and gardening.
Fungayi’s clinical interests include oncology, gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary imaging as well as abdominal ultrasound.
- General CT, MRI and US scans, and plain films
- CT and MRI of the liver, spleen, pancreas, bile ducts, pelvis, small and large intestines
- CT colonography (virtual colonoscopy)
- Fluoroscopy (barium/contrast swallow and enema) contrast enhanced ultrasound of the liver
Fungayi completed his radiology training in 2016 at Guy’s and St Thomas’. He was awarded MRCSEd in 2010 whilst working in gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary surgery at Royal Surrey County Hospital. He holds an MSc in diagnostic imaging from the University of Oxford and completed medical school from the University of Zimbabwe in 2008.
Membership of professional bodies
- Royal College of Radiologists
- European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiologists
- British Medical Ultrasound Society
- European Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology