Dr Emma Craythorne has been a consultant dermatologist in the Dermatology Surgery and Laser Unit at the St John’s Institute of Dermatology for the last 11 years. She is the lead for the specialist skin cancer multidisciplinary team and is actively involved in research in non-melanoma skin cancer, laser surgery and skin imaging.
Emma has a huge interest in solving dermatological mysteries and hosts this on her television series for The Discovery Channel.
She sits as the President of the British Cosmetic Dermatology Group and is passionate about training, standards and quality driven care in this field.
Emma’s clinical interests include Mohs surgery, skin cancer, scarring and laser surgery.
- Mohs micrographic surgery
- Dermatological surgery
- Photodynamic therapy
- Reflectance confocal microcopy
- Cutaneous laser treatment
2000: University of Dundee – MBChB
2003: Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh – MRCP
2010: Completion of Specialist Dermatology Training CCT (Derm)
2011: St Johns Institute, Dermatology – Mohs micrographic surgery fellowship
Membership of professional bodies
- British Association of Dermatologists
- British Society of Dermatological Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- Member of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of the British Medical Laser Association
- President of the British Cosmetic Dermatology Group