Find a consultant
Dr Brian Clapp
MA (Cantab), MBBS (Lond), PhD, FRCP
After attending medical school in Cambridge and University College London, Dr Brian Clapp completed his general medical training in various teaching hospitals around the capital.
University of London awarded him a PhD into the links between inflammation and acute cardiac events; a continued active research interest.
Brian completed specialist training in cardiology with a particular emphasis on coronary intervention in 2005 and was appointed consultant cardiologist and honorary senior lecturer at Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital.
He provides a service in both general cardiology and specifically interventional cardiology. He has expertise in all areas of coronary intervention including the physiological and anatomical assessment of lesion severity and the assessment and closure of atrial septal defects, patent foramen ovale and left atrial appendage.
Brian is registered with the HSE as a specialist with an interest in diving medicine.
Vascular biology and diving medicine, particularly the interaction with cardiac disease.
- Percutaneous coronary intervention, including complex procedures such as rotablation
- Patent foramen ovale and atrial septal defect closure
- Left atrial appendage occlusion
- 1991: BA (Cantab) Postgraduate – MBBS (Lond), MA (Cantab), PhD (Lond) and FRCP.
Membership of professional bodies
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society