Dr Athanasios Diamantopoulos qualified in 2004 from the medical school of University of Patras. Athanasios trained in all aspects of general and interventional radiology at Patra’s University Hospital.
In 2013, he was awarded a PhD from the University of Patras in experimental prevention of contrast induced nephropathy, an active research interest
In 2012, he completed an interventional radiology fellowship at Guy’s and St Thomas’. After his training, he was appointed consultant interventional radiologist. His clinical experience includes all aspects of basic and advanced interventional radiology procedures with a special focus in peripheral endovascular procedures, arteriovenous access procedures, interventional oncology procedures, venous and paediatric interventions.
Athanasios has authored or co-authored a number of peer-reviewed original scientific papers and book chapters. In addition, he has presented numerous oral free papers and scientific presentations and has been an invited lecturer in national and international conferences.
Endovascular therapies of the diabetic foot and below the knee arteries. Prevention of contrast induced nephropathy (for example, CO2 angiography), venous interventions, children’s interventional radiology, atherectomy, drug eluting balloons and stents.
- Vascular and non-vascular interventional radiology
- Children’s interventional radiology
- Endovascular treatment of peripheral arterial disease
- Venous disease
- Interventional oncology
- Palliative interventional oncology
- Biopsies and drains
- Pelvic veins embolisation
- Varicocele embolisations
- Brochial and oesophageal stents
- Vascular access
- 2004: Ptychio Iatrikes (MBBS equivalent) School of Medicine, University of Patras, Greece 2013: PhD, University of Patras, Greece
- 2013: CCT in general and interventional radiology, University Hospital of Patras
- 2012: Interventional radiology fellowship, Guy’s and St Thomas’
- 2016: European Board of Interventional Radiology (EBIR)
Membership of professional bodies
- General Medical Council
- European Society of Radiology
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe